As a responsible pet owner in Elk River, MN, one of your biggest jobs is making sure you get your pets the vaccinations they need. By getting scheduled pet vaccinations, you protect your beloved family companion’s immune system and keep illnesses from spreading among other dogs and cats in the area. In addition, Barrington Oaks Veterinary Hospital offers loving care to all pets entrusted to our care.
Available Pet Vaccinations
Our Elk River facility offers the following pet vaccinations for dogs:
- Rabies — Transmittal through bites, the viral disease enters the central nervous system, particularly the brain. Without treatment, rabies is usually a death sentence for dogs.
- Bordetella — The Bordetella vaccine keeps dogs safe against bacteria. It’s often found in shared dog spaces like kennels or dog parks. However, if it infects your pet, the bacteria can cause respiratory issues in dogs like tracheobronchitis and kennel cough.
- Distemper — By providing them with the distemper vaccine, you’re lowering your dog’s risk of getting infected with a virus that typically leads to gastrointestinal issues in your pet’s respiratory, gastrointestinal, and nervous systems.
- Parvovirus — The parvovirus vaccine keeps dogs protected from the virus, leading to gastrointestinal issues. Without treatment, dogs can end up dying from the parvovirus.
Barrington Oakes Veterinary Hospital also provides vaccines for cats, including:
- Feline leukemia — Cats can pass feline leukemia between them by exchanging bodily fluids. The disease can cause felines to develop anemia and lymphomas. In addition, your pet can end up with a suppressed immune system, leaving them vulnerable to other illnesses.
- FVRCP — The FVRCP virus protects your pet from three airborne viruses – rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, and panleukopenia – that can be fatal in cats.
Why Pet Vaccination is Important
Keeping pets up-to-date on their vaccinations is an essential factor in ensuring they remain healthy. The Barrington Oaks Veterinary Hospital staff educates pet owners on how each vaccine works and the protections they offer to dogs and cats. In addition, we’re here to answer any questions or concerns you might have about the effects of each vaccine.
Pets, like people, aren’t always happy about the idea of getting a shot. However, bringing them in for pet vaccinations shows your dedication as a pet owner and helps them live a longer and healthier life. Our facility only provides vaccines necessary to protect your beloved animal companion.
Schedule Pet Vaccinations in Elk River
Help keep furry family members safe by scheduling routine pet vaccinations at Barrington Oaks Veterinary hospital. Set up an appointment today by calling (763) 441-4000.