We all want to know what’s wrong with our pets when they are not feeling well. Having the ability to test for many different conditions makes diagnosis faster and easier, and is often priceless. Barrington Oaks Veterinary Hospital and Barrington Oaks North Animal Clinic have some of the most up to date and state of the art laboratory diagnostics available. The Abaxis HM5 Hematology unit can test multiple blood cell counts. The Abaxis VS5 blood chemistry unit can test many organ and electrolyte functions. The Abaxis VS Pro will perform blood coagulation panels. Urinalysis can lead to valuable information about bladder problems and kidney disease. We also have specific in-house tests, including the following:
- Idexx 4DX Plus- tests for canine Heartworm, Lymes Disease, Anaplasmosis, and Ehrlichiosis
- Idexx Triple Test- tests for Feline Leukemia, Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV), and feline Heartworm disease
- Canine Brucellosis-for pre-breeding in dogs
- cPLI Test- tests for specific canine Pancreatitis markers
- fPLI Test- tests for feline Pancreatitis markers
- Idexx Pro-BNP- tests canine and feline for cardiac disease markers
These tests are all available for your pet’s diagnostic needs. Please call us if you have any questions about any of our in house diagnostics.